[illumos-Developer] Cluster-installed "mpi.d" interfering with ON libc plockstat.d build

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Mar 9 13:37:29 PST 2011

On 03/ 9/11 01:30 PM, Dan McDonald wrote:
> I've attached a D script: mpi.d, which is installed in /usr/lib/dtrace when
> one installs a cluster package.

We reported that bug a couple years ago since it breaks the dtrace probe builds
in X as well when that package is installed (and unlike ON, we have no choice of
using the proto area in our builds, only to remove that package):

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6893508

The workarounds suggested by the dtrace team in that bug were:

1) add '-xnolibs' to the dtrace(1M) invocation to force
   dtrace to not load the library files.
2) remove /usr/lib/dtace/mpi.d
3) force the data models to match by booting the same model kernel

ON-PIT later updated the bug noting that it broke the dtrace test suite for
them.   So far removing the cluster package has been the most popular
workaround, but perhaps you can use the -xnolibs ?

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com