[illumos-Developer] Cluster-installed "mpi.d" interfering with ON libc plockstat.d build

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed Mar 9 13:52:18 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 16:41, Richard Lowe <richlowe at richlowe.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 16:30, Dan McDonald <danmcd at nexenta.com> wrote:
>>        2.) Should the dtrace(1M) invocation during libc's build consult
>>            /usr/lib/dtrace at all?  Shouldn't $ROOT/usr/lib/dtrace have what
>>            we need?
>
> Perhaps, but there may be implications I'm missing.

Sigh, of course that will only solve the problem at present because of
the bug in dtrace -L
which Joyent posted a fix for recently, after that I don't think it'll
make a difference at all, except...
It further strikes me that pointing -L at the workspace may cause this
same problem when
changing kernel structures, as we'd update the translators which would
then not be valid on the running
(build machine) kernel.

I'm wrong, and so's this.

-- Rich