[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 562 FMA support for SMF can't load libfmevent, 831 sh(1) sources itself

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Mar 18 13:33:38 PDT 2011

I'd like review for:

  562 FMA support for SMF can't load libfmevent
  831 sh(1) sources itself

webrev:

  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_562/

Sorry these are barely related (be assured they are separate
changesets, they just ended up in the same workspace due to
circumstance).

#831:

  I goofed when re-arranging manual pages to reflect the real
situation with /bin/sh and caused sh(1) to refer to itself, rather
than ksh93(1) (I typoed away the 'k' in 'ksh').  I've fixed this, and
updated the pages which should ultimately refer to ksh93 through
however much indirection to do so directly.

Tested via man -M /usr/share/man sh.1 jsh.1 ksh.1 rksh.1 ksh93.1
rksh93.1 on an installed system, and a hack to see if other pages were
directly self referential:
  usr/share/man% ggrep -r '^\.so' * | sed -e 's/:\.so / /' | (while
read a b; do if [[ $a == $b ]]; then echo "$a"; fi; done)

#562:

  Someone in #illumos complained about this, and it's simple, so I
fixed it.  I removed /usr/lib/fm to appease the ELF checks run by
nightly, which otherwise complain (correctly) that it's not used,
since the only thing we would find in there we find via /lib/fm first.
 I've tested this by booting an updated system, forcing an arbitrary
service to transition to maintenance, and checking from where
libfmevent was loaded via pldd(1).  I haven't tested the complete
failure where /usr is a separate file system not yet mounted.

-- Rich