[illumos-Developer] missing lwp_exit() in kcfpool_svc()

Bryan Cantrill bryancantrill at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:52:35 PDT 2011

> Please do file a bug in illumos; you are welcome to either set yourself, or
> set me, as the responsible engineer.

Done; it's 875.  I screwed up the formatting of the description, but
couldn't figure out how to edit it, so my apologies for the poor
formatting...

> As I'm the guy that hacked that code
> together to get rid of the userland process, its my fault.  :-/  I'm not
> surprised I screwed this up actually, its the first time I've had to do
> anything with lwps.

And it's actually quite unusual to have in-kernel LWPs that exit, so
there aren't many models to look at...

> Generating lots of kcf jobs can be tricky.  If you have a hardware crypto
> card, you can do it with OpenSSL.  You can also trigger this generically
> with IPsec.  Doing a lot of work with /dev/random *might* trigger it, but
> I'd have to look to see.

We don't completely understand why he kept hitting it, but we're
working on that angle. ;)

Thanks for the help, for fixing this, and for getting us an open KCF
to begin with!

        - Bryan