[illumos-Developer] Changing sd_io_time to 8?

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Tue May 3 09:17:36 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 08:41 -0700, Dmitry Yusupov wrote:

> [...]

NO NO NO.

That way lies madness, on many fronts.

The whole *point* of blkdev is to stop trying to do SCSI for devices
that have nothing to do with SCSI.

Also, cleaning up the current mess would break a lot of things, as paths
to filesystems, etc. are all dependent on the drivers.  It would require
significant effort to change the current mess without breaking
compatibility.