[illumos-Developer] Request for Advice: Unicode/language expert opinions

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Tue May 10 18:50:29 PDT 2011

>> Note that the Unicode organization does not provide CLDR data this way
>> -- they seem to only include the characters that make sense for the
>> language represented by a given localedef input file...
>
> Actually, they do provide the full case-folding data here:
>  http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/CaseFolding.txt

If this is a full set of case folding data, it would make sense to use
it, rather than data pulled from our locales to implement to*.  Not
least because it means we get full coverage of to* separate from full
locale coverage.

Cases where it's a simple 1:1 mapping seem like they should be trivial
to implement for the sake of to*, cases where the mapping is not
reversible I'm not sure about.

-- Rich