[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 1012 cifs-shares are also exported via nfs without being configured therefor

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed May 11 22:19:17 PDT 2011

Please review:
  1012 cifs-shares are also exported via nfs without being configured therefor

webrev:
   http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_1012

This boils down to sharemgr not actually caring about the protocol
when enabling shares, such that if you do 'enable -a' or 'start -a'
you're fine, because the protocol is left as NULL and determined
automatically, but if you specify the protocol (sharemgr start -P nfs
-a, as nfs/server does in its start method), all shares are shared
with that protocol, regardless of the actual configuration.
To add to the fun, the disable path does actually check the protocol
on each group, so once sharemgr has created these bogus shares, you
can't use it to remove them (unshare(1M) works).

I've tested this both by hand and using the STC fs/share suite (which
had a handful of failures due to other bugs).

I've also asked Gordon to look, as he's got some prior knowledge of
sharemgr and he seemed happy.

-- Rich