[illumos-Developer] [RFC] Importing mandoc

Jens Elkner jel+illumos at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri May 13 19:33:45 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:21:26AM +0400, Yuri Pankov wrote:
Hi,

> I know this is asking for another bikeshed discussion... but...
> I have all the bits ready to import the mdocml.bsd.lv manpage parser
> instead of "tbl | eqn | nroff" we have right now.. So if this shouldn't
> be done, please speak up. I won't provide diffs and webrev as I don't
> want to waste my time on something that won't go in.
>
> Changes include:
> 1. removing SGML from man
> 2. importing mandoc
> 3. converting man pages to something sane
>
> 2* can be found at:

Missing the context. Are the final packages meant? In this case I
wouldn't really care. However, if the source in general is meant,
I would vote nay. Replacing meta-info with more or less arbitrary /
meaningfull formatting cmds /transforming it into an unstructured
document is IMHO a really bad idea.

Just my 2 cents ;-).

Regards,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2