[illumos-Developer] Questions for the SPb meeting.

Alexey Zaytsev alexey.zaytsev at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:36:02 PDT 2011

Hi.

Not sure if this list is the appropriate place to start the
discussion, but anyway.

It's no news that Garrett will be visiting Saint-Petersburg soon to
lead the developer's meeting and I thought it might be appropriate to
start gathering questions/topics beforehand to get best use of this
rare resource. So if there are no objections, let's get started. This
seems to be a unique opportunity to sort out the questions that have
been bugging you!

And here's one from me.
- The boot process! From the grub prompt to a fully running system.
- Device and driver configuration, loading and initialization.
- Best practices for debugging. (k)kmdb, er_kernel, dtrace and whatnot.

I might add more later, and we might start a wiki page if the list
grows substantially.