[illumos-Developer] Important - time sensitive: Drive failures and infinite waits

Bryan Horstmann-Allen bdha at mirrorshades.net
Thu May 26 22:25:24 PDT 2011

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On 2011-05-26 16:46:16, Haudy Kazemi wrote:
|
> IIRC, many discussions ended with "use enterprise drives, equipment, and
> TLER" instead of less expensive equipment.

I have seen this behavior on Sun hardware, using Sun drives, Sun arrays, and
Sun HBAs. Many times over the last five years, on various revisions of Solaris
10 and Nevada.

I've also seen it on consumer-grade gear (though still with Sun LSI SCSI or SAS
HBAs).

It's not new, and it doesn't seem to have much to do with the underlying disk
subsystem.

Cheers.
--
bdha