[illumos-Developer] Webrev for bug 1052: ttymon crashes in a loop when non-existent ...

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun May 29 14:18:36 PDT 2011

This is for illumos bug 1052: ttymon crashes in a loop when
non-existent user logs out.  My webrev is at:

    http://cr.illumos.org/view/meagtjsb/illumos1052/

It passes cstyle and lint.

My testing was done on oi_148b.  It consisted of disabling the gdm
login, logging in a test user on the text console, then changing that
user's UID in the passwd file, and finally attempting to log out that
user on the console.  Without changes, the logout did not complete,
but `ttymon' repeatedly dumped core in /root with the same stack trace
as in the bug report.  Undoing the passwd change allowed the logout to
complete and stopped the core dumping.

With the changed libdevinfo.so.1 in place, the logout succeeded and
`ttymon' continued to run.  The ownership of /dev/console did change
to the user on login, and changed back to root on logout.  There were
no other visible effects of the shared library change.