[Discuss] Introduction and offer to contribute

Chris J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Tue Aug 3 11:35:27 PDT 2010

 Hello all,

I would like to join the Illumos effort and offer
non-developer/non-coder contribution.

My name is Christopher J. Ruwe, I have a university degree in Business
Administration (German Diplom-Kaufmann (Univ.) ) and currently work in a
big ERP-migration project.

I am still unsure, whether I post to the correct list, but as
"developer-subscribe @lists.illumos.org" is specific for developers, I
use this post as a probe.

Coming from Gentoo Linux, I want to learn from and work with a real Unix
for some time now. After an inspiring talk about ZFS at at the
FrosCon-conference in Germany, I am very much interested in OpenSolaris.
Also, I have begun looking for a possibility to contribute to open
source to stop being only consumer of open source and to give something
back.

My programming skills and experience is severely limited to some
academic exercises, which is why I post here first. As native German and
considering myself bilingual, I can offer time to translate/localize and
time for writing documentation. Also, I offer time for "Business
Administration tasks", should these be considered necessary at even this
early stage. I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to best
contribute.

Thank you and have a nice day (or evening for people in my  timezone)

Chris J. Ruwe