[illumos-Discuss] [Discuss] IE? (Illumos En Espa?ol)

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Thu Aug 5 06:12:29 PDT 2010

  On 8/5/2010 6:01 AM, Damian Wojsław wrote:
> Quoting Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com>:
>
>>  I'm excited by the enthusiasm.  I do agree that it may be best if
>> messages in this particular location were in English, but I think it
>> is a great idea to host a separate set of mailing lists here as well,
>> for topical discussions in languages other than English.  If the
>> Spanish speaking community would like a unique identity here with
>> their own mailing lists, then I suggest they nominate a leader and
>> select a name, and we'll set up the mailing lists!
>>
>>     - Garrett
>

> On somewhat related note, should Illumos have social networking
> groups, like FaceBook, twitter, Plaxo, linkedin, for informational and
> promotional uses?

Probably not a bad idea.  I'm open to any of that; if someone wants to
start them up please go ahead.   I do ask that if you do that you try to
give me admin privileges or other protection to ensure continuity in
case any individual member elects no longer to participate.  (I'm
working on a better solution than "me personally" as the custodian for
this kind of thing, but we're not ready yet.)

     -- Garrett