[illumos-Discuss] [Discuss] IE? (Illumos En Español)

Joshua M. Clulow josh at jmctech.com.au
Sat Aug 7 02:13:23 PDT 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Andre van Eyssen wrote:
> I am unable to manage such a list due to lacking the required language
> skills.

It would be good to get some kind of mechanism for ensuring important
information flows over the walls between the primary English and other
non-English mailing lists.  Perhaps some localised FAQs that explain the
multi-lingual situation or point folks toward people willing to help with
translation.

Google translate is always a fallback but I think people helping people keep
the entire community 'in sync' might be a win for inclusivity.  At least for
important announcements, notification of people taking on specific bodies of
work and such.

Disclaimer: I only speak English and a variety of programming languages so
               I'm mostly talking out of my hat.

--
Joshua M. Clulow
IT Consultant