[illumos-Discuss] interesting projects available

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Sun Aug 15 08:26:04 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 08:50 -0500, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> net-snmp is already used.  The old sma snmp agent is still around as
> well, for some reason.

There are numerous options here, it seems.

I don't know the pros and cons.  I would prefer BSD licensed code (or
code that was not copylefted at least).  Apart from that we just need
someone who understands what the issues are (are there functional gaps
with respect to Solaris snmpd?) and who can do the work to start the
effort of integrating a replacement.

Its not 100% clear to me that an SNMP daemon belongs in ON anyway --
perhaps there are dependencies that drive this?

	- Garrett