[illumos-Discuss] Test/build setup?

Erik Trimble erik.trimble at oracle.com
Thu Aug 19 10:02:46 PDT 2010

I happen to have a bunch of spare IBM e325/e326/e326m machines sitting
around. These are all old dual-socket Opteron 200-series machines.

In addition, I should have at least several UltraSPARC IIIi and IV
systems that are abandoned, and I should be able to resurrect them.  I
*might* be able to scrounge up a T1000, but that's unlikely right now.
Maybe sometime soon.

And, of course, there's some decent storage that goes with this. Figure
about 1TB or so of fast SAN-based disk, and multi-TB of SATA archival.

I've been using all this stuff at one of my friend's small ISP/developer
shop for about 5 years now, and I'd be happy to set it up to give us
some sort of nightly build and automated test configuration.   The sole
issue is that bandwidth in and out is limited, so I don't want to be
pushing big gobs of data back and forth. Running an Hg mirror internally
is the best thing for me, and I would *not* be able to serve out built
binaries to the public. But it would be more than fine to do
build/testing and then upload the results (including build binaries) to
some machine under the IllumOS umbrella.

Any interest in having me start working on an automated build/test
system?

Speaking of which, do we happen to have any of the automated tests from
the OpenSolaris distro?

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support