[illumos-Discuss] [osol-discuss] gdamore wishes he knew what would motivate more developers to work on illumos bugs....

Gleb Kursou kursou.gleb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 08:06:03 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Gert M. <gmspam at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:22:47 +0100, Gleb Kursou <kursou.gleb at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I did. I have 29 years of management experience
>
> To use Bryan's words:
> Your tone (and the fact that you chose to address this matter publicly)
> suggests otherwise.

My tone is that of a wakeup call for Garrett. He needs one.

Addressing it publicly is what happens in open source communities.
Either such matters, most notably matters related to the leadership
style of the project lead, are addressed in public and should be
discussed there as focal point. Or people just walk away, silently and
disgusted, without having expressed their problems with the project
lead and his leadership style.
I prefer having a discussion. Now. Here. Before it's too late and more
people leave. This is confrontational but unavoidable in management.