[illumos-Discuss] clang/llvm on OpenSolarιs

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Mon Nov 1 13:48:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

There's a list of appropriate gcc versions and command line settings here:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc

--enable-optimized didn't work for me in my previous try. I think I
was hit by this:

"GCC 3.4.2 on linux/x86 (32-bit): GCC miscompiles portions of the code
generator at -O3, as with 3.4.0. However gcc 3.4.2 (unlike 3.4.0)
correctly compiles LLVM at -O2. A work around is to build release LLVM
builds with "make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 OPTIMIZE_OPTION=-O2 ..."

I removed --enable-optimized and I got it to build. Maybe you want to
try with ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 and OPTIMIZE_OPTION=-O2

Cheers,
Antonio