[illumos-Discuss] multi-extent files

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Sat Oct 23 14:52:44 PDT 2010

Of course its *possible*.  Joerg, or anyone else, has only to prepare a
reasonably formed webrev, properly tested, and meeting the other basic
integration guidelines, to get it integrated.

If that patch depends on integrating some of Joerg's other work
(libschily for example), its going to take more time and be more
contentious.

I haven't looked at this particular set of changes, but so far Joerg has
expressed a general unwillingness to work on more enhancements on
illumos until we approve his "star" program for integration.  That's a
particular axe of his to grind, and "star" has become somewhat
contentious as his goals and those of illumos are not necessarily
closely matched.

	- Garrett