[illumos-Discuss] Fate of the lx brand?

Matt Lewandowsky matt at greenviolet.net
Thu Sep 2 15:07:42 PDT 2010

There are a few ways to manage the lx brand. Discussing the various ways is both off-topic on the discuss list as well as pointless till someone's willing to start cutting their teeth.

I still feel that lx brands have a certain place (e.g. you gain the usual benefits of zones, and they work even if your Illumos is running under a hypervisor itself). Long-term, it is also potentially easier to keep up-to-date than Xen, too.

As I said, if people are wanting to actually work on it, rather than talk about working on it, contact me. :) I'll see if I can't procure resources to make it workable, provided there's commitment to the task, as well as sharing the ideas which have been proposed to me in the past few months.

--Matt

--
Matt Lewandowsky
Greenviolet