[illumos-Discuss] mpt2+fmd issues

Richard Elling Richard.Elling at Nexenta.com
Wed Feb 9 11:24:54 PST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:30 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Seems the mpt2 driver has some issues. When I tried to connect an LSI 9201 to my system, the drives show up in a completely different order than what's listed by the controller's BIOS. I have seen this being reported by others as well. With the mpt driver, they show up in the right order, though. Any ideas what might be causing this?

The ordering is not guaranteed and, since SunOS 5.0, not expected. When you
use SAS devices, you'll see the "ordering" look more like the SAS address.

> PS: I don't have a live system with LSI 9201 ATM, but I can possibly setup one in case you need more info.
>
> PPS: fmtopo didn't show any mapping between physical drive slot and the device/WWN, but as I've read reports on, Sun^WOracle Unified Storage should work on these SuperMicro systems.

Make sure you run as root or with appropriate privilege. Running fmtopo as a
unprivileged user won't show disk details.
 -- richard

--

Richard Elling
richard at nexenta.com   +1-760-896-4422