[illumos-Discuss] Proposed migration off Mailman

Andre van Eyssen andre at purplecow.org
Sun Jun 26 22:23:01 PDT 2011

+1000. I'm sick of getting all the bounce messages from people trying to
pump spam and crap down the lists. The sooner it gets packed up and sent
to listbox the better.

The current solution was built literally at the last minute and was rolled
to be running as quickly as possible.

Actually addressing the points.

1. No. I went through this a while back and all mailing list software
sucks. Mailman is actually one of the better options out there, which
speaks volumes as to the state of that industry.

2. No. Google sucks. Google groups suck. I see no reason to hand Google
out data, a giant list membership for marketing purposes and contribute to
Google's overall part in the downfall of email.

3. I'm perfectly happy with this option, especially knowing that bdha has
rewt on this platform anyway. This outfit has a stellar reputation for
doing the right thing.

Andre.

--
Andre van Eyssen.