[illumos-Discuss] find/build new pkg:/package/pkg

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Sun May 8 15:14:01 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 17:56, Joerg Goltermann <jg at osn.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran in a problem, since http://91.194.74.69:10000/ is offline:
>
> pkg: No matching version of package/pkg can be installed:
> pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.133:20100216T141949Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed
> pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.133:20100218T000555Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed
> pkg://opensolaris.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.134:20100302T042843Z: Newer version pkg://os-devel/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.146:20100814T133442Z is already installed

You should be able to build on an OpenIndiana based system, the repo
you mention was there as a way to get newer-than-134 bits available in
the interim.

> cc -errtags=yes -errwarn=%all -features=conststrings -xO4  -W0,-xglobalstatic -Xa -xc99=%none -xildoff -xspace -D_REENTRANT -I../zoneproxyd -Bdirect -zassert-deflib=libc.so -zassert-deflib=libsocket.so  -zfatal-warnings -zguidance -o zoneproxy-adm zoneproxy-adm.c
> ld: fatal: option -z has illegal argument 'assert-deflib=libc.so'
> ld: fatal: option -z has illegal argument 'assert-deflib=libsocket.so'
> ld: fatal: flags processing errors

This is because the pkg gate makes use of linker features specific to
the closed-source Oracle linker.  You should be able to remove
references to -zassert-deflib in whichever makefiles mention them and
have things work.

-- Rich