[illumos-Advocates] RTI standards for Joyent cherry-picking?

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Apr 22 09:54:30 PDT 2011

As long as the solution doesn't duplicate effort for no reason, I
don't care.  (You'll note that Joyent's DTrace changes in my webrevs
contain Joyent's reviewers, whom we should trust).

I had been assuming that for changes that were solely theirs I could
be a reviewer or the advocate, and just get them back when the boxes
were all suitably ticked.  That's precisely the same process as
normal, just without any tedious overlap (though it only works when we
know who the reviewers are, and when we already know and trust their
expertise).

-- Rich