[illumos-Advocates] oi and sparc

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Wed Mar 23 11:05:49 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Ben Taylor <bentaylor.solx86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Albert,
>
> I haven't been able to spend much time on OpenSolaris and such,
> but I do have a couple of decently powered US_III boxes (1 280R,
> and 2 Netra T20 [short frame 280R].  All dual CPU, and at least
> 4G of ram
>
> Was wondering if you guys could use some horsepower to start
> getting illumos for sparc going.

illumos on SPARC is a reality now, thanks the work of a number of
people, but we're still working on creating a reasonable developer
environment everyone can use (probably in the form of an OpenIndiana
release).

I have a pair of T1000s which I'm hoping to get online soon, but if
you have power and network connectivity for these systems (and their
LOMs!) a number of people may find them useful.

-Albert