[illumos-Developer] Closed-bin accords of the OpenSolaris conference... / was: Re: illumos_145 i386 build status

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Aug 8 13:44:42 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:

> The question of "pax" from star vs. AST is an open issue.  Each team has
> said that the other's implementation is defective.  I frankly am not
> interested in getting into a flamewar about this, and that is where the
> current conversations seem headed.

Garret, I know of not a single issue with star. We at BerliOS use star for
backup purposes on a dayly base since more than 5 years. If you know about a
bug in star, please report so I can implement a fix. Other users of star
(like e.g. Strato - Germanys biggest Web Hoster) would certainly also like to
know whether there is a bug in star.

Jörg