[illumos-Developer] BSD iconv (was Closed-bin accords of the OpenSolaris conference... )

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 13 06:19:39 PDT 2010

> If you believe that your code is OK otherwise, why not start with a port to
> OpenSolaris now?

Well, first, I was CC'd to this discussion by someone but I've never
told that I'm personally interested in porting it to OpenSolaris. I
might be because I consider it a nice OS and I feel terribly sorry
seeing what is happening with it these days but my primary focus is
FreeBSD, so in my highly limited amount of time, for now, I prefer
working on FreeBSD.
> OK, so we need to first do a port and then compare the list of names from
> iconv -l with the list obtained from Solaris SXCE and then check whether we
> need to add aliases.

If you can send me a list of encoding names, I'll be more than happy to
check if they are supported in FreeBSD iconv and add an alias if doesn't
exist already.

Gabor