[illumos-Developer] BSD iconv (was Closed-bin accords of the OpenSolaris conference... )

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Fri Aug 13 07:30:50 PDT 2010

Btw,

The way I see it, we will probably doing a "port" and "adaptation" of
Gabor's code.  Our libc and style guidelines are different.  There may
be somewhat different locale names, there maybe additional or fewer
encodings.  We probably don't need or want GNU compat.  Etc.

Gabor, I want to thank you for making your work available under a
license which allows us to make use of it.  You should not feel
compelled in any way to do anything for Illumos or Solaris that you
don't want to.  There are plenty of volunteers in our group who can take
your work and make the necessary adaptations for us; you've already done
the heavy lifting!

	- Garrett