[illumos-Developer] How can I help out?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Aug 14 09:17:01 PDT 2010

I've just read all the mailing list archives to catch up.  There's
lots of activity and a few heated discussions.  Most of the people are
known to me and seem to have a great deal of development experience.
I'm impressed!

I'd like to help out with this project.  I have made a few
contributions to Opensolaris, fixing bugs in the SMF area.  I have a
couple of development platforms available: Virtualbox on an OS 134
machine and a separate physical machine, both 64-bit x86.  Should I
wait until Illumos has a bootable image, or is there something limited
in scope that I can do now?