[illumos-Developer] Fwd: Bug ID's in hg commit comments

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Tue Aug 24 15:20:39 PDT 2010

Btw, I made an executive decision on this.  As we don't have access to
regular code drops from Oracle anymore, Oracle's bug IDs matter less to
us.  Also, it turns out we can't easily fix the existing committed
entries in hg.

So, we will use untagged bug ids until we reach the point of collision
with Oracle CR numbers (i.e at 1 million bug ids).  When we hit that
point, we'll figure out a solution to the collision that may occur.  For
now it is sufficiently far off that I'm not worried about it.

	- Garrett