[illumos-Developer] Something for later but interesting IMHO

Damian Wojsław damian at wojslaw.pl
Tue Aug 17 22:05:08 PDT 2010

Quoting Mike Riley <lvskiprof at cox.net>:

> On 08/17/10 04:40, Damian Wojsław wrote:
>> Quoting Cyril Plisko <cyril.plisko at mountall.com>:
>>
>> [cut]

>>> In most cases that means that VT is disabled in the BIOS. Have you
>>> check that ?
>>>
>>> I am running 64bit guests (VirtualBox) all the time on my Core2 laptop
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>        Cyril
>>>

>> It is turned on and clearly recognised and actively used by xen on
>> Linux. It's realted to this problem:
>> http://trochejen.blogspot.com/2010/01/update-to-build-130.html
>> While next builds don't hang on it, they don't utilise the set.
>> VirtualBox was 3.2.2 and later.
>
> This question would probably be better answered on the Virtual Box
> site.  I am assuming you have already tried 3.2.8 for this.
>
> I am curious as to the exact model of your CPU and chipset.  Is it
> possibly one of the newer ones where they eliminated the FSB?
>
> Mike

Ah, never thought to ask vbox guys. Sorry for obvious mistake. :/
Thank you to all of you, for suggestions.
I should mention that build 134 no longer hangs on those flags so I
did not diasble iommu during boot. Yes, now that you mention it, I
should ask VBox guys, maybe they will know more.

Regards and sorry for being dumb

--
Damian Wojsław