[illumos-Developer] initial webrev for freebsd tr

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Aug 18 02:36:12 PDT 2010

I've worked up a webrev which includes "tr" and some changes to libc to
facilitate "tr".

http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/tr/

I would appreciate feedback.  I'm doing a full nightly build on this
right now.

Assuming all goes well, I'll integrate this in the morning.   At this
point, fixing the missing tr is a top priority.  (Hmm.. I might have to
double check packaging.)

One note on this: this tr has POSIX semantics, from FreeBSD.  It was not
realistic to supply different personalities for legacy and POSIX (both
xpg4 and xpg6) behavior at this point. I don't think anything will
break, but I'd like to hear opinions.  If we need to instantiate
alternate behaviors then we can do that, but for now I'm going to punt.
(We need a working tr asap, and this will cover 99% of the cases I
think.)