[illumos-Developer] initial webrev for freebsd tr

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Aug 18 09:09:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 13:00 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
>
> > I've worked up a webrev which includes "tr" and some changes to libc to
> > facilitate "tr".
> >
> > http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/tr/
> >
> > I would appreciate feedback.  I'm doing a full nightly build on this
> > right now.
>
> Could you please provide tr and libc binaries that allow tetsing via:
>
> LD_PRELOAD=/tmp/libc.so /tmp/tr ......
>
> Jörg

Are there specific tests you need to run?

At this point I think I want to integrate what I have asap, because it
will surely be better than what we have now (a completely non-functional
closed source bit -- it fails to link properly!)  We can then address
regressions or test failures easily enough via bug-fixes.  (And this is
something that other people such as yourself can help out with, too, if
they are so inclined.)