[illumos-Developer] initial webrev for freebsd tr

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 18 09:28:32 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> Are there specific tests you need to run?

Well, something like a webrev is non-suitable for the integration of a new
piece of code.

> At this point I think I want to integrate what I have asap, because it
> will surely be better than what we have now (a completely non-functional
> closed source bit -- it fails to link properly!)  We can then address
> regressions or test failures easily enough via bug-fixes.  (And this is
> something that other people such as yourself can help out with, too, if
> they are so inclined.)

I would like to give everybody the same chance. I did test the ast-tr and it
failed. If the BSD-tr fails too, we should rather first check for possible
reasons. If you did compile evrything, it should be simple to put out the
libc.so and tr binaries for x86.

e~A