[illumos-Developer] LLVM / clang anyone?

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 05:01:23 PDT 2010

Hi Antonio,

This was talked about a few years ago and I concluded that there was a
need for C++ passability and SPARC support to consider the main compiler of choice.

LLVM/Clang can fulfill the slot the build ON (depends), but does not seem ready for filling the slot overall.

Sun Studio 12 (Sept 2009 patched edition) is the primary C/C++ choice overall. GCC where it is needed for other things.

I looked at others - but the birds seemed to circle around SS12/GCC for now.

~ Ken Mays