[illumos-Developer] An inventory of OpenSolaris documentation

Martin Bochnig martin at martux.org
Mon Aug 23 14:55:19 PDT 2010

On 8/24/10, Alasdair Lumsden <alasdairrr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2010, at 21:26, Andrew M. Hettinger wrote:
>
>> > I am a little bit worried of Oracle closing down the whole
>> > opensolaris.org domain, now that they rule the Community, and we losing
>> > access to all good stuff in there.
>> >
>> > So I've been doing some backups of available OpenSolaris documentation
>> > spread on the site.

I too fetched entire opensolaris.org (old flat website) in February/March 2009.
And for 2 weeks I am wgeting - among other sites - dlc.sun.com/osol,
mail.opensolaris.org and mail.sun.com . I also run this on
docs.sun.com (and did so in April this year). Also developers.sun.com
and I did get a copy of the internal Sunsolve Systems Handbook Oracle
Edition March 2010 and also all (not) available patches with recent
OBP flash upgrades and some x86 Bios upgrades.

I am glad to witness, that Im not the only one archiving Sun for the
futute generations.
Because nobody could think of or download everything.
But together we do have most stuff.

> I've sucked down all of bugs.opensolaris.org and have a tarball available to
> those that want it - just give me a prod and i'll scp it to you.

Huh? Which command line did you use.
As of now wget doesnt support js. So even playing with cookies and all
wget options up and down did not help there. Therefore I had given up
on bugs.opensolaris.org 2 weeks ago. What I would get was something
like:

==> bugs.opensolaris.org <==
tail: error reading `bugs.opensolaris.org': Is a directory
tail: bugs.opensolaris.org: cannot follow end of this type of file;
giving up on this name

==> WGET.log <==
Length: 1436 (1.4K) [text/javascript]
Saving to: `bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/js/s_code_remote.js'

     0K .                                                     100% 69.6M=0s

2010-08-23 23:30:35 (69.6 MB/s) -
`bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/js/s_code_remote.js' saved
[1436/1436]

FINISHED --2010-08-23 23:30:35--
Downloaded: 6 files, 23K in 1.5s (15.7 KB/s)
--2010-08-23 23:31:44--  http://bugs.opensolaris.org/index.html
Resolving bugs.opensolaris.org... 192.9.164.95
Connecting to bugs.opensolaris.org|192.9.164.95|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404
2010-08-23 23:31:45 ERROR 404: (no description).

I would be glad if you could share your cmd line with me.
Or maybe additionally the archive of bugs... .

Here is what I ran:

$ cat WGET.sh
#!/bin/bash
export LANG=C

wget --random-wait -x --user-agent=Mozilla20100218beta -r --mirror
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/index.html >> WGET.log 2>&1

martin at opensolaris:/legacybackup/WGET/006__bugs.opensolaris.org$ uname -a
SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_131 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
martin at opensolaris:/legacybackup/WGET/006__bugs.opensolaris.org$

TIA
%m