[illumos-Developer] How can I help out?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Aug 25 08:38:07 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:36:22AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> So my advice for people wanting to help out but without a specific area
> of interest is this.  Comb through the bug reports for OpenSolaris.
> bugs.opensolaris.org  -- look for oss-bite-size for simple bugs to use
> as a starting point.

I see that the search at bugs.opensolaris.org always returns nothing
now, even if you search by a valid BugID.  The oss-bite-size list is
still available, but it hasn't been updated since 2009.  I've reviewed
that before.  Many of the bugs are minor defects, ones that might
annoy system admins, but wouldn't be visible to users.  I've fixed
enough of those to learn the procedure.  Some have only vague
descriptions.  Others are bite-sized suggestions with enormous
ramifications.  I don't see much significant here.