[illumos-Developer] Updating illumos-gate

Mike Gerdts mgerdts at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 19:19:52 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:38 AM, Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com> wrote:

> Ok, I understand.
> I just thought build versioning numbers was something to be
> determined by the source repository.  I mean, how can we discuss
> about builds when we don't agree on build numberings?

Since there may be several commits in a day, simply specifying the
date of the build (in your local time zone) may not be sufficiently
descriptive.  If something like the following is used it becomes
pretty easy to know what the latest changeset was.

  ... -Ot illumos-$(hg tip --template '{node|short}')

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/