[illumos-Developer] "od" i386 binary for benchmark

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Nov 10 08:53:49 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 17:20 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> The implementation you offer has definitely fewer problems than the
> implementation offered by Garret, but I still remember several problems from
> the tests I did. I did not write down everything, so there may be actually more
> problems than these:

As far as I know, I've fixed all known problems in the version of "od"
that is integrated, including the i18n issues you mention below.  (In
fact, I found several of the same i18n multibyte character related
problems in both ksh93 and the closed code, which I detailed to
Olga/Roland some time ago.)

So your comments above, again, look like "your implementation is busted,
and mine is better, nyah nyah" without any substantiating information.
I find it absolutely amazing that you find it easier to offer unhelpful
criticism and implement your own rewrite of a tool than simply to offer
constructive, helpful advice.

This is one of the reasons I have more or less given up on trying to
work collaboratively with you.