[illumos-Developer] "od" i386 binary for benchmark

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Nov 10 11:42:06 PST 2010

Gordon Ross <gordon.w.ross at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you can't communicate your "facts" in a way that others can easily use,
> then don't be surprised if they ignore you.

If you don't know what I am talking about, it would help us if you did not
start such a thread. I am very sure that Olga knows what I am talking about.
I did fix the problems I had in early versions of my sofware by comparing the
output from my od(1) with the output from other implementations and this is of
course the only way for Olga to understand what happens, given the fact that
the input file for testing is known.

I encourage you to write code and to collaborate. Ranting does not help.

Jörg