[illumos-Developer] "od" i386 binary for benchmark

John Sonnenschein johnsonnenschein at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:58:10 PST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> I encourage you to write code and to collaborate. Ranting does not help.

No you don't, you encourage people to use your implementations of things to the exclusion of all others rather than fixing the perceived problems in theirs (for example if you think Garrett's od(1) implementation has some problem, why not contribute a fix?), and you become hostile when they don't.

Nobody wants your implementation of anything because the (minor) benefit they might offer isn't worth the heavy cost of having to deal with you.

Either put up code or shut up. I asked you for a webrev for a star putback and have seen nothing. I'm sick of you shitting all over everyone that actually does real work.

-JohnS