[illumos-Developer] Moving /usr/sbin/ping out of pkg:/network/ftp

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Fri Nov 12 10:47:48 PST 2010

I'd prefer to see ping delivered in its own package, rather than adding
to the mess that is SUNWcs.  Since you're touching the code now, why not
do it right?  I recommend *either* network/diagnostic to hold both ping
and traceroute, or separate network/diagnostic/ping
network/diagnostic/traceroute packages.  (I don't much care which,
although I have a slight preference for the latter if only so that we
can later have homes for things like network/diagnostic/wireshark or
whatever.)  Although now that I look, I see we have
"/diagnostic/tcpdump", without the /network prefix... maybe richlowe has
a preference here?

	- Garrett