[illumos-Developer] Moving /usr/sbin/ping out of pkg:/network/ftp

Samuel Younge samuel.younge at 31415.org
Fri Nov 12 16:06:34 PST 2010

Breaking out ftp makes sense.
However, I cannot imagine working on a system that has tcp/ip, but
does not have a ping command.
If you break out ping, I guess breaking out `arp` would be next.

It seems comparable to having a Bash shell package that does not
include `cd`, `ls`, or `rm`.
Some concepts/tools just go together and it is puzzling to think of
them otherwise.