[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 289 invalid padding when using java pkcs11 provider

Jason King jason.brian.king at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:12:32 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 14:11 -0400, Gordon Ross wrote:
>> Oh, and the kmem_alloc needs another arg, I think :)
>> i.e. KM_SLEEP
>
> That's an excellent point.  The old code lacked the sleep parameter,
> which makes me thing this code has never even compiled for kernel use.
> (Which isn't surprising... there are no kernel consumers for DH -- the
> only related use would be IKE, but IKE runs in userland.)
>
> Since we know *nothing* about the context where this would possibly
> used, I think KM_NOSLEEP would be better.
>
>        - Garrett

It looks like most of the ones that are used in the kernel have a
wrapper function that calls into the API to get the appropriate flag
to use.  I'd prefer to follow the example of the existing kernel
providers and just add an argument that is only used in the kernel.

With that here is an updated webrev w/ the suggested changes:
http://cr.illumos.org/view/w041vj3b/