[illumos-Developer] webrev: add quiesce(9E) support to ixgbe driver

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Oct 13 15:21:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 00:06 +0200, Joerg Goltermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've uploaded a small diff to cr.illumos.org which add quiesce/
> fastreboot support to the ixgbe driver.
>
> http://cr.illumos.org/view/1nvg3l6p
>
> Any comments welcome. Please be gentle, this is my first webrev..
>
>  - Joerg

This won't work on a debug kernel.

The assertion at line 1367 in ixgbe_chip_stop() will fail when called
from the quiesce entry point in a debug kernel.

The rest of *looks* ok, but I'd use extreme caution with those reset
routines... there's a lot of indirection in there, and you have to make
sure that nothing ever touches a mutex.