[illumos-Developer] webrev: add quiesce(9E) support to ixgbe driver

Mike Riley lvskiprof at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 22:07:40 PDT 2010

On 10/13/10 16:25, McBofh wrote:
> On 14/10/10 08:52 AM, Mike Riley wrote:
>> On 10/13/10 15:06, Joerg Goltermann wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've uploaded a small diff to cr.illumos.org which add quiesce/
>>> fastreboot support to the ixgbe driver.
>>>
>>> http://cr.illumos.org/view/1nvg3l6p
>>>
>>> Any comments welcome. Please be gentle, this is my first webrev..
>>
>> Shouldn't the driver version be bumped (line 33)?
>
> No. Why would we do that? Most SCCS-style %I% went away when ON
> moved to use mercurial, and others are removed as files get changed.

Not sure if they were being changed or not.

If they are not then there is no purpose in having a number there.  If they do serve a purpose
still then a minor version change to show that it now supports quiesce would seem to be in line.

I know there was discussion about such version info in drivers 2-3 years ago and whether they
show be used to show features or if the package version info should do so.  At least, that is
what I recall, but it has been a while since I was at Sun.

Mike