[illumos-Developer] webrev: printf

I. Szczesniak iszczesniak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:32:34 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:
> So I finally got tired of waiting for someone else to do a printf
> replacement-

So why is this a surprise for you that you have difficulties to find
contributors? I'm not really surprised. I've personally invested time
and resources to give Illumos a standard conforming tail
implementation but was turned down even after issuing a commitment to
the job and already finished code and standards testing.

After this incident it is very hard to convince my own management to
invest anything in Illumos, at least until Illumos can make clear
management decisions, clear duty assignments, i.e. who owns which
code, and a clear commitment to the POSIX standard. All of this was
not done for tail and the last one certainly not for your printf code.

Irek