[illumos-Developer] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 1 18:40:53 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 01:10:23PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> SchilliX-0.7.1 is based on the latest ONNV source published by Oracle.
> This is build 146 with 16 additional putbacks.
>
> see:	ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schillix

I just tried booting this image on my Acer Aspire AspireAS3810T-6827
laptop, in hopes that the IOMMU code in the kernel had been improved
since OS 134.  Unfortunately, it seems to have the same problem.  The
last few messages on the screen were:

    ramdisk0 at root
    ramdisk0 is /ramdisk
    root on /ramdisk
    acpinex0 at root
    acpinex0 is /fw
    acpinex: cpu at 1, cpudrv0
    /fw/cpu at 1 (cpudrv0) online
    pseudo-device: dld0
    dld0 is /pseudo/dld at 0

At that point it hung.  I had to hold down the power button to
recover.  Windows 7 and Ubuntu run fine on this laptop.  Is there
anything else I can do to diagnose the problem?