[illumos-Developer] Problems in setlocale and codereview

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 2 08:41:51 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> For a change like the i18n work, where I would up making a non-trivial
> number of changes not to internals, but also to which files I took,
> where they went, and even collapsing them, I think such a set of diffs
> would be difficult to generate automatically.
>
> That said, I'll try to post better diffs against FreeBSD when I import
> in the future.

The problem in our case was that the original code from FreeBSD was not clean
(as it used secret knowledge about constraints to write loops).

The patch I send is written in a defensive way that make the code immune
against reordering of tables. When importing code from other sources we need to
be very careful about changes in order to retain the code quality in Illimos.

Jörg