[illumos-Developer] Problems in setlocale and codereview

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 2 11:53:47 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:

> Ok, I'll try to work on this today... unless you want to drive forward
> with it. (Testing being the key missing requirement. :-)

After doing some typo fixes, it compiles and works correctly for my tests.

AFAIK, I have no permission to put things back to the illumos hg.

I have some questions:

-	How do I apply my delta to my local repository?

-	Am I correctly asuming that (once I have the needed permission)
	I will have to call "hg push" in order to forward my local putback
	to the official repository?

-	How is the mail address from what I see with "hg log", e.g.:

	changeset:   13162:61ea578f8715
	user:        Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com>
	date:        Mon Aug 30 23:48:20 2010 -0700
	summary:     7 Need locale databases

	derived?

-	What email would be better?

	joerg.schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work)
	or
	joerg at schily.net			(private)

> I'd actually love it if you could test and ultimately drive to
> integration.  It could represent your first direct integration into
> illumos.

If it is OK to first deactivate the problematic code, e.g. this way:

                } else {
#ifndef __ready__
                        errno = EINVAL;
                        return (NULL);
#else
                        char    *buf;
                        char    *save;

                        buf = alloca(strlen(locale) + 1);

I see no problem to integrate the current code.

Jörg